In this week’s meeting we are going to have some fun learning what you know about the Rotary Convention and what you should know as a first time attendee.
Please be sure to fill out the form below completely to have your attendance recorded.
The Rotary Convention Korea 2016
Attending a Rotary convention for the first time? Here are some tips to get the most from your experience.
Before you go
- Download the Rotary Events app to plan your schedule and view maps, breakout sessions, speaker bios, and more.
- Sign up for our convention newsletter and follow our convention blog for the latest news, information, and deadlines.
- Sign up for Host Organization Committee events to enjoy the hospitality of local Rotary members.
- Attend the convention orientation webinar live online (or watch a recording of it later):
After you arrive
- Pick up your registration packet at the convention center. Have your registration, ticket confirmation, and photo ID in hand. Your packet should include name badges, vouchers, program book, and a transportation guide.
- Pick up ribbons, language stickers, and attendance stickers at the ribbon booth.
- If you’re a delegate or proxy for your club, get your credentials at the voting delegates booth. You’ll need to bring your validated voting delegate form.
At the convention
- Use the Rotary Events app to connect with other attendees, learn about speakers, and download resources from breakout sessions.
- Attend the Orientation for First-time Convention Attendees on Saturday, 28 May (find more information in the program).
- Explore the House of Friendship, where you’ll find cultural exhibits, entertainment, food, and friends.
- Visit the Club and District Projects Exhibition to discover ideas for your club’s next project.
- Visit Global Networking Group booths to learn more about Rotary’s vocational and recreational fellowships and action groups.
- Shop for Rotary clothing, pins, and more at licensed-vendor booths, and purchase souvenirs from local businesses in the House of Friendship.
- Visit the 2017 convention booth and register for Atlanta.
Outside the convention
- Gather materials about activities in the area at the information booth in the House of Friendship.
- Explore Seoul, a city of contrasts that embraces the modern while preserving the traditional.
Convention website – http://www.riconvention.org/en
When you fill out the attendance form below we are going to ask you 10 easy questions to test your knowledge of the history of the Rotary Conference. There are some fun and interesting facts so have some fun!
The Four Way Test
The test, which has been translated into more than 100 languages, asks the following questions:
Of the things we think say or do
- Is it the TRUTH?
- Is it FAIR to all concerned?
- Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
- Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Barry Rassin - President,
William Glenn Yarbough - District Governor,
Rotary District 7610
PDG Donna Phillips - President,
Rotary eClub of District 7610
PDG TIN TIN NU RASCHID - Secretary
Brock Flint - Webmaster
District 7610 Training & Events
For District trainings, events and important dates, please click the link below for the District 7610 calendar.